Revised hours of watering
Notice is hereby given under Regulation 137 of the Local Government (General) Regulation 2005, which permits the use of water to be restricted in the Parkes Shire Local Government area if there is a shortage of supply. This notice shall take effect from 2am on Wednesday 16 January 2019 and shall remain in effect until varied by further notice.
The following restrictions apply to the use of water supplied through the water reticulation system in Parkes Shire:
- Garden and Lawn Watering: micro-sprays, drip systems, sprinklers and soaker hoses are permitted between the hours of 5pm and 10am, on alternate days.
For odd numbered properties (1,3,5..etc) the days are Tuesday, Thursday, SaturdayFor even numbered properties (2,4,6.. etc) the days are Wednesday, Friday, Sunday.
- No domestic watering permitted on Mondays. (public open spaces exempt).
- Swimming Pools: filling of new swimming pools is prohibited from town water supply, however Council's brick pit supply can be utilised for this purpose.
- Topping up of pools: permitted between the hours of 5pm and 10am, on alternate days.
- Washing Motor Vehicles: hand held hose permitted between the hours of 5pm and 10am, on alternate days. Vehicles must be washed on a grassed area.
- Stock: unrestricted.
- Bowling greens, Motels, Nursing Homes, Schools: unrestricted
- Market Gardens and Orchards: unrestricted
- Nurseries & Commercial Flower Gardens - unrestricted.
- Washing Motor Vehicles - unrestricted.
- Fountains: unrestricted.
- Water Cartage from Town Supply from approved standpipes only.
- Automatic Cycle Flush Toilets: unrestricted.
- No restrictions for process and manufacturing.
Under the Local Government Act 1993, the maximum penalty that may be applied for a breach of imposed water restrictions is $2,200 for corporations and $220 for individuals.