Dust off those blue suede shoes, Parkes Elvis™ Festival is just around the corner and is set to make your wildest Elvis dreams come true from Wednesday 9 January - Sunday 13 January 2019.
This year’s Festival theme is All Shook Up, celebrating Elvis' iconic song and all things ‘50s. The 2019 program won’t disappoint with more than 150 uniquely Elvis-themed events, filled with everything you’ve come to expect from the much loved Festival along with a host of exciting new events.
2019 Highlights include:
- Kicking off the Festival is the Opening Night All Shook Up Special — a tribute to the Million Dollar Quartet, featuring Lance Lipinsky, Anthony Petrucci, Daniel Thompson and Brad Bergen honouring Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash and Carl Perkins (Wednesday 9 January 2019).
- The 2019 Feature Concert Series will feature U.S. Elvis tribute artist Ted Torres Martin, showcasing the King’s greatest hits with a dynamic eight-piece band across four high-energy concerts. (Thursday 10 January – Sunday 13 January 2019).
- Ladies, it’s your time to shine! The 2019 Miss Priscilla Dinner is back and will feature a special performance by Jack Gatto. The night will also see the crowning of the 2019 Miss Priscilla. (Thursday 10 January 2019).
- Hosted by the original yellow Wiggle and Elvis fanatic Greg Page, young festival-goers for the first time can experience an exciting new Kids Talent Workshop to help nurture and develop their craft to become the next generation of Elvis tribute artists. (Friday 11 January 2019).
- For the rest of festival-goers wanting to learn something new, Parkes Elvis Festival has got you covered with the newly added Ukulele Workshops in beginner and intermediate levels (Thursday 10 – Friday 11 January 2019), One Song Sing where crowds will learn Return to Sender in a three part harmony (Friday 11 January 2019) and the All Shook Up Burlesque Workshops – Vintage Showgirl Burlesque (Friday 11 January 2019) and Marilyn Monroe Little Rock (Saturday 12 January 2019).
- The preliminary round of the international Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest also returns in 2019, with leading Elvis tribute artists from Australia and abroad battling it out at Parkes Leagues Club. Officially endorsed by Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc, the winner will represent Parkes in the Semi Final round of the 2019 Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist Contest in Memphis, USA (Heats: Friday 11 January 2019 – Finals: Saturday 12 January 2019).
- Australian rocker, and #1 selling Platinum artist Russell Morris will be inducted to the Parkes Elvis™ Festival Wall of Fame on Wednesday 9 January, 2019. To celebrate this achievement, Russell will perform an intimate 60 minute show for Festival fans, teaming up with guitarist Pete Robinson at the Parkes Services
- Enjoy the Festival’s annual highlight the Northparkes Mines Street Parade including Elvis-themed floats, Elvis and Priscilla look-a-likes, vintage and classic cars and motorbikes, and marching bands, a highlight every year for the Parkes Elvis Festival (Saturday 12 January 2019).
Don’t miss your chance to experience one of the major highlights of the NSW events calendar, get your tickets to the 2019 Parkes Elvis Festival now!
For all programming and ticketing information, visit www.parkeselvisfestival.com.au
Parkes Elvis Festival is supported by the NSW Government via its tourism and major events agency, Destination NSW.