Construction of the Recycled Water Rising Main pipeline has commenced under Phase 2 of the Parkes Recycled Water Scheme. The works will also include the construction of pump stations and a reservoir. The purple-pipeline scheme will deliver high quality recycled water to irrigate selected parks and sporting fields around town.
CONSTRUCTION WORKS IN PROGRESS
Council advises that construction work for the Recycled Water Rising Main will progress as follows:
- Nash Street near Field Road - ongoing activity for the construction of the Recycled Water Reservoir
- Renshaw McGirr Way near the cemetery - ongoing activity for the construction of the Recycled Water Pump Station
- Phillip Street between Victoria Street to Dalton Street - 9-12 April
- Armstrong Street between Dalton Street to Grenfell Street – 12-15 April
- Grenfell Street between Armstrong Street to Close Street – 15-18 April
Detours will be in place during these times. Residents will be able to access their properties.
It is anticipated that the construction will cross Dalton Street between 12-13 April, depending on conditions.
Parents and carers are advised that access to the Parkes Early Childhood Centre car park may be temporarily restricted on either Friday 12th or Monday 15th April. If the car park is closed, the Parkes Bowling and Sports Club car park is available short term for drop off and pick ups. The car park is on Cecil Street, and provides pedestrian access to PEC via a small gate. Please allow extra time for drop off and pick up during the coming week.
PEC staff or anyone needing to leave their vehicles for longer can use the Little Theatre car park which is accessed via Bogan St (Newell Hwy).
Below is the proposed schedule for construction. Residents who will be directly impacted by construction will be notified at least two weeks ahead of construction moving into their area.
|Location||Construction Start||Construction End|
|Renshaw McGirr Way||01/04/2019|