Parkes Shire Council invites the community to join the conversation about a new urban design plan for Trundle's Mainstreet.
The main aims of the plan are to:
- Realise the possibilities and opportunities for the Trundle Mainstreet
- Develop a clear vision for the Trundle town centre
- Ensure that the centre is a vibrant place to live, work, visit and invest
- Realise and celebrate the centre’s unique assets and history
- Provide concepts for the improvement of the public realm, Mainstreet buildings and other public spaces, ensuring that they are active, functional, attractive and accessible
- Provide the framework to better manage traffic, car parking, cyclist and pedestrian movement
Download and view the Issues Paper via link below. Hard copies are also available for viewing at Council's Administration Foyer and Trundle Library.
The public exhibition of the Trundle Mainstreet Issues Paper is the first step in realising the possibilities and opportunities of the centre through an urban renewal approach.
Feedback from the exhibition of the Issues Paper will be used to inform subsequent stages and brief an urban designer to assist with the Inquiry-by-Design Workshops. Provide feedback by completing the short survey below.
Survey submissions close 5pm, Thursday 5 December 2019.
Enquiries can be made on 02 6861 2333.