How to find a Justice of the Peace

JPs provide valuable services free of charge - search the register for one near you

The role of the Justice of the Peace (JP) is to act as an independent and objective witness. JPs can serve different roles in different jurisdictions, some of which include:

  • witness oaths or affidavits
  • take statutory declarations and affirmations
  • witness signatures
  • attest the execution of a document
  • certify a true copy of an original document

If you require the services of a JP, you can search the NSW Register for one within the Parkes Shire.

Please keep in mind that JPs are volunteers who provide their services to the community free of charge. While they strive to make themselves available as much as possible, they have the same type of work and personal commitments as any other person.

Parkes Shire Council has a number of JPs on staff. You can contact the administrative desk to arrange a suitable time.