Trundle Skate Park
- Project typeGrant Funded
- Project value$260,000.00
- Completion Date03 March 2023
The Trundle skate park is complete!
The Trundle Skate Park Project funded by the NSW Government's Stronger Country Communities Fund for $150,000, the Trundle Progress Association for $20,000 and Trundle Town Improvement Vote from Parkes Shire Council for $8,000 and Parkes Shire Council for $10,000
The skate park consists of several elements designed after consultation with school-aged children in the local schools. The Trundle Community Consultative Committee undertook further consultation at the Trundle Show, where community youth members suggested their priority projects for their township. The skate park was the number one project.
Covid lockdowns, ongoing wet weather, and natural disasters prolonged the project delivery.
The elements delivered to complete the total project included:
- bulk earthworks
- removal of existing spoil
- subgrade compaction importing and spreading of compacted fill and engineered fill
- compaction in layers (including compaction testing)
- grading to falls/ designs following the plans, civil design and details and specifications
- Supply and install all finished pavement surfaces, including concrete, coloured concrete and burnished finish concrete
- Supply and install special ramps, profiles, steps, blocks
- Supply, install and fabrication of all cast-in items, such as reinforcing steel copings
- Supply and install all landscaping elements.
Now installed in the Berryman Oval precinct, the skate park adds to the delivery of all the grant-funded projects Parkes Shire Council has secured and has installed recently, including:
- Exercise equipment (also funded by the Stronger Country Communities Fund)
- Cricket nets (funded by the Australian Government's Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program).
The skate park also offers the youth of the town another opportunity to engage with a new active lifestyle option, a social outlet and a chance to learn new skills.
Berryman Oval Reserve, Parkes St, Tundle 2875 View Map