Australia Day Awards Scheme
Parkes shire has so many people and events that are worthy of recognition. The Parkes Shire Australia Day Awards are a great opportunity to recognize and acknowledge the hardworking members of our towns in Parkes Shire, and to thank them for their tireless efforts either for the community, their cultural pursuits or sporting endeavours.
If you have any questions or enquires about the awards and/or nomination process, please contact:
- Community Awards - Jenny Kingham 0409 631 165 (see details below)
- Cultural Awards - Kerryn Jones 0428 709 467
- Sports Awards - Anthony McGrath 0418 477 823 (these awards are administered by the Parkes Sports Council)
Each town in Parkes recognizes locals and events at their Australia Day ceremony each year. People can be nominated within their own town event and can also be included in the Parkes ceremony. Simply select the town that is relevant to the nomination – Bogan Gate, Parkes, Peak Hill, Trundle and Tullamore.
This award recognises members of the community who have gone above and beyond, who have made an outstanding achievement and/or contribution to the community in the past year.
This award recognises young members of the community (18 years of age and under) who have gone above and beyond, who have made an outstanding achievement and/or contribution to the community in the past year.
This award recognises outstanding events in the Parkes Shire that have occurred since January 2023.
This award recognises members of the community who have gone above and beyond, who have made an outstanding contribution to the Parkes community over many years.
This award recognizes efforts to preserve the environment within the local community, ability to foster partnerships that achieve litter reduction and recycling outcomes and use of the Return and Earn scheme to help fundraise for a meaningful cause.
Efforts that contribute to a sustainable future and innovative ways to support the environment.
The Australia Day Cultural Awards recognise, reward and encourage excellence in the performing, literary, visual and creative arts and crafts.
The Awards are intended for:
- Individuals or groups of residents of the Parkes Shire Council Area who have made an outstanding achievement in any branch of the performing, literary, visual or creative arts & crafts
- Individuals or groups who are offering support and encouragement which has provided growth and/or improvement in the arts within the Parkes Shire Council Area.
The categories for nominations are:
- Performance Award - in song, dance, drama, music or any combination of these
- Literary Award - creative writing in prose, verse or song
- Visual Arts Award - artistic and creative achievement in any medium including painting, sculpture, film, video, textile, clay, wood, or metal
- Cultural Lifetime Achievement Award - outstanding effort by individual or group to promote the arts in the Parkes Shire area.
Use the form below to submit a nomination for the Australia Day Awards in the Community or Cultural categories.
Click here to view form.
Complete this form to nominate a Parkes Shire Sports person or team in one of the following award categories:
- Sports Person of the Year
- Junior Sports Person of the Year
- Team of the Year
- Coach / Trainer / Manager of the Year
- Referee / Umpire / Official of the Year
- Senior Sports Person or Team of the Year
- Administrator of the Year
- Long Service and Dedication Award
Successful applicants will be selected by a committee comprising representatives from the Parkes Sports Council and the Parkes Champion Post.
For further information on the Sports Awards, contact Anthony McGrath on 0418477823 or by email to email@example.com.
Entries close midnight 30 November.
Online form: Parkes Shire Sports Award Nomination Form.