Cadetships, apprenticeships and traineeships
Parkes Shire Council offers employment opportunities for school leavers and students to enter the workforce through our Cadetship, Apprenticeship and Traineeship (CATs) Program.
This program provides you with the opportunity to gain on-the-job experience and practical knowledge, while working towards a nationally accredited qualification - with all training and study costs paid for by Council.
Our cadet, apprentice and trainee positions are advertised online from August to September each year, with successful applicants commencing employment the following February.
Vacancies vary from year to year, depending on our operational requirements. However, opportunities may include:
- Arboriculture Trainee (Certificate III/IV in Arboriculture)
- Business Administration Trainee (Certificate III/IV in Business Administration)
- Cadet Engineer (Bachelor of Engineering)
- Cadet Town Planner (Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning)
- Cadet Health and Building Surveyor (Advanced Diploma of Building Surveying)
- Customer Service Trainee (Certificate III/IV in Customer Engagement)
- Horticulture Trainee (Certificate III/IV in Horticulture)
- Human Resources Trainee (Certificate III/IV in Human Resources)
- Information Technology Trainee (Certificate III/IV in Information Technology)
- Records Trainee (Certificate III/IV in Records and Information Management)
- Water Services Trainee (Certificate III/IV in Water Industry Operations)
The programs run from two to eight years in duration, depending on the level of qualification being undertaken.
If you have any queries regarding our CATs program, please do not hesitate to contact our People, Safety and Culture team on 02 6861 2333 or via email at email@example.com.