Local Government Elections 2024


Get ready for the approaching Local Government Elections scheduled for Saturday, 14 September 2024. Whether you're planning to vote or considering a run for Council, we've collated resources to support you in your preparations.

Voting in this election is an opportunity to determine 10 representatives who form the elected body that governs Council across various aspects of our Local Government Area. A key responsibility of all elected councillors is to act in the interests of our residents and ratepayers through open, transparent and informed decision making.

How to vote 

Whether you're a returning voter or its your first time, head over to the NSW Electoral Commission website to find out more.

Enrol to vote

To enrol for the first time or get back on the roll, head over to the Australian Electoral Commission website

Update details

When you move house, or if you change your name, you must update your details on the electoral roll. Head over to the Australian Electoral Commission website.

Non-resident roll

If you have the right to vote in federal or state elections, you also have the right to be enrolled as an elector at a local government election in the ward or council area you live in.

The non-residential rolls provide people who are non-resident owners, occupiers and rate-paying lessees of rateable land within the Parkes Shire Council area an opportunity to have a say in who is elected to Council.

There are two non-residential rolls:

  • the roll of non-resident owners of rateable land; and

  • the roll of occupiers and rate-paying lessees.

These two rolls are combined with the residential roll to form the roll of electors for the Council area, which is used during an election.  The residential roll is the list of people who live in the Council area and are eligible to vote in elections.

To find out more, visit the NSW Electoral Commission website.

To submit an application form for inclusion in the non-residential roll (individual or nominee), complete the relevant form below. 

Non-Residential Roll Application Form - Individual

Non-Residential Roll Application Form - Nominee


Check if you can vote

If you're a resident in the Parkes Shire local government area, you can check if your enrolment details are up-to-date with the Australian Electoral Commission.  You must enter your details exactly as they appear on the electoral roll.