Managing the Risk of Coronavirus in our community
This page has been established to provide relevant information regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) for the Parkes Shire community.
It will be regularly updated as relevant information comes to hand.
COVID-19 Vaccine Roll Out
The Western NSW Primary Health Network (WNSW PHN) is advising the public that Phase 1b of the Commonwealth Government’s COVID-19 Vaccination Rollout commences in the region this coming Monday, March 22, 2021.
How to minimise the risk of spreading or contracting Coronavirus
The best way to protect yourself from COVID-19 is the same way you would protect yourself from catching flu or other respiratory illness:
- Vigourously clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitiser.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Get tested if you have a cough, sore/scratch throat, shortness of breath or fever. Self isolate until you get your test result.
GET A COVID-19 TEST IN PARKES
A drive through COVID-19 testing clinic has been established at 124 Webb Street, Parkes NSW.
The clinic will operate from 10am to 12pm Monday to Friday.
Latest Directives from Government:
Services and Programs
These are difficult and stressful times - below is a list of the NSW mental health services and support programs available:
For more information about the services and support programs available, please click the button below.