Accessing Water from Standpipes

For rural farming and domestic use

Standpipes are located across the Shire for obtaining potable water for rural farming and domestic use. Access is aimed at rural consumers who are not connected to Parkes Shire’s reticulated water supply network.

Standpipe access varies throughout the Shire from automated use with access cards obtained from Council to standpipes that are maintained or monitored by a Council agent or community representative.

For automated access to a standpipe, an application must be lodged with Parkes Shire Council along with proof of address or business purposes, along with payment of a security deposit to receive an access card.

Access approval is issued under Section 68 of the Local Government Act.

Standpipe Locations & Access

TownAddressAccess Details
ParkesSaleyards Road (next to the Pound)Access Card required from Parkes Shire Council
CookamidgeraFlagstone Street, CookamidgeraAccess card required from Parkes Shire Council
TrundleRailway ParadeAccess card required from Parkes Shire Council
AlectownGoobang Street (adjacent to the Rural Fire Service)Contact Joan Vandervord for key 02 6865 3200
Bogan GateLachlan StreetKey in mailbox – reading must be written down and contact details provided (honesty system)
Peak HillPeak Hill Sewage Treatment Plat (off Bulgandramine Street)Open 8.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Phone 02 6869 1505. reading must be written down and contact details provided
TullamoreHinkler StreetContact Deirdree Williams for key. 7 Hinkler Street, Tullamore
GobonderyThe Bogan Way, Tullamore (near Silo)Contact John Stanbrook during business hours on 02 6892 5216
KudungleThe Bogan Way, Trundle (near Silo)Contact Gary Crowley during business hours on 0429 523 211
The TroffsCapell Road, TrundleContact Matt Aveyard during business hours on 0428 921 164



Newsletter Signup

Stay up to date with Parkes Shire Council by subscribing to our Newsletter.