How to pay your rates, water and other charges.
Council accepts a range of payment methods as outlined in the table below:
|Payment Method||Rates Notice||Water Notice||Debtor Account||Applications/ Certificates|
|My Parkes Portal||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Australia Post Bill Pay||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Over the Phone||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|In person at the Administration Centre||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Details on how to make payments using the various methods listed above can be found below.
The MyParkes online portal is a hub for your property information and transactions with Parkes Shire Council. The MyParkes portal allows you to pay your rates, water, applications and certificates online.
To make a payment via the MyParkes portal:
- Go to the MyParkes portal.
- Under the Online Payments menu, choose your desired payment option.
- Enter your account details as shown on your notice and add it to your shopping cart.
- Tick the payment you want to make from your shopping card and click Proceed.
- Review your payment summary and click Complete to pay using your debit or credit card.
To make your payment using BPAY:
- Look for the distinctive BPAY logo on each bill you receive (currently only available for Rates, Water and Debtor accounts).
- Call your phone banking service or log onto your Internet banking service.
- Select the bill payment option and follow the simple instructions. Rates BPay Biller code ID for Parkes Shire is: 787978, Water BPay Biller code ID for Parkes Shire is: 265223 and Debtor BPay Biller code ID for Parkes Shire is: 265231.
- Ensure you use the correct BPay Reference number. Rates, water and debtor accounts have unique numbers.
- Record your receipt number.
Easy ways to pay with Post Billpay include:
- Online - pay bills online anytime
- Mobile or tablet - scan and pay bills with the Australia Post App
- By phone - call 13 18 16 to pay your bills 24/7
- In person - pay your bills at more the 3,200 Post Offices and agencies
Barcoded details are on the bottom of your rates and water notices as will as your debtor account.
This payment option is a debit transaction transferred directly from your nominated bank account. Once registered, you can authorise Parkes Shire Council to automatically debit your account in periodic instalments. The direct debit method of payment is the cheapest and easiest way for you to pay your rates. To register as a Direct Debit customer, you need to obtain an application form by either;
Telephoning the Rates Section on 02 6861 2333 or by
The form should be submitted to Council either by mail, e-mail, fax or in person.
Centrepay is a free direct bill-paying service offered to customers receiving payments from Centrelink. Through Centrepay you can choose to pay bills by having a regular amount deducted from your Centrelink payment. You can manage you deductions by using Centrelink online account, Express Plus Centrelink mobile app.
Council Business Centrelink reference number is 555-054-193-T (this number always starts with 555).
Make your cheque or money order payable to PARKES SHIRE COUNCIL and crossed Not Negotiable.
THE GENERAL MANAGER
PARKES SHIRE COUNCIL
PO BOX 337
PARKES NSW 2870
(Kindly remove the deposit slip from your notice and return it with your payment)
Our Customer Service Officers can help to process payments over the phone. Call 02 6861 2333.
Payments including EFTPOS (no cash given out) may be made in person at Council's office, 2 Cecile Street, Parkes for receipt from 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday - Friday (excluding Public Holidays). No change will be given for any cheques tendered in payment of rates.
Council recognises that sometimes our customers may not be in a position to make payment of their accounts in full within the stipulated timeframe. In this instance, Council has a number of options in place to assist, including a short extension to the due date or negotiating a payment arrangement.
Direct debit and Centrepay options, mentioned above, are also a way for customers to manage their payments and reduce the possibility of falling behind in payments. Rebates are also available for pensioners, if you believe you are entitled to a pensioner rebate please contact Council.
If you are experiencing hardship or having difficulties paying your rates, please contact Council's rates team and enquire about the payment options available, phone 6861 2356 or use the confidential email address: email@example.com
All enquiries will be treated confidentially.