Information on local road closures
Plan your trip ahead in times of flooding and road works.
Motorists are advised to check www.livetraffic.com for road closure updates and hazard information.
Parkes Shire Council wishes to advise that the following changed traffic conditions and roads closures are in place in Parkes Shire:
Current road hazards due to adverse weather conditions and flooding:
- Gunningbland - Forbes Road, water over road in several place, take caution
- Brolgan Road (SR40) open, water over the road so take caution
- Water over the Henry Parkes Way between Parkes and Manildra
Please avoid walking or driving through flood waters, it may be deeper and faster flowing than anticipated and/or the road may have suffered extensive damage hidden beneath the water.
Temporary road closures in the Parkes Shire due to works:
- Kadina Bridge on the MR350N (The Bogan Way) is closed for major upgrade works with detours and signage in place. Detour to from Parkes to Trundle and Tullamore via Tubby Lees Road as signposted.
- The Bogan Way is closed from the Monument to Tubby Lees Road, with access to local residents only (no through road)
It is expected that these closures will be in place into early 2018.